Tuesday, November 07, 2006

White People, Stop Rapping on Youtube

I just got back from a night of drinking for Labor Day Weekend. I figured, the best way to end my night was by blogging. For most people, ending the night writing on the internet would be a failure, but for me…well, it’s a failure. But it’s all good. Well, not really, but close to being all good, I guess. What I’m here to say though is that I’m sick of white people rapping on YouTube and thinking it’s all funny and stuff. It’s not. And I know I’m guilty, because I made 3 rap videos that I put on YouTube. But what you’ve got to understand is…I’m allowed. I’m not mocking. I grew up ghetto. And I don’t mean literally ghetto, but ghetto in spirit. I freestyled for fun and still do. I was raised on this stuff. It’s in me. Like it or not, it is, and I’m good. As good as a slow white guy can be at least. It’s in my soul haha. But cerealy, it is. And my videos were simply freestyles where I actually had something to say. I didn’t do them, thinking I was going to become the next internet sensation or something lame like that. But I keep seeing a lot of people trying to do that, as if its some original idea. There are so many lame “white people” internet rap videos on YouTube. It makes me sick. They aren’t funny. They aren’t interesting. They aren’t entertaining. They aren’t even good rap. The concept of “regular” white people doing “black” raps, was never really funny, but it for sure hasn’t been funny in the last 10 years minimum. It’s just dumb, and in traditional rapper fashion, I’m not even going to mention any of the names of these people rapping. I don’t want to make them famous, because we all know, just how many people read my blog and are influenced by it. I’m not even going to link to that ish. I don’t have to. You know what I’m talking about. And if not, just go on YouTube and search for “white rap” or “unfunny” and you will figure it out. Comical White Rap: Just don’t do it…unless you are me, because I’m totally sick at it…bro. List of people who think “white rap” is funny: 1. Douchebags who took one improv class at Groundlings and think they are hilarious 2. Studio execs (except Warner Bros.) 3. Corporate Founders of YouTube 4. Carson Daly 5. Spuds Mackenzie 6. The guy who wrote Dangerous Minds 7. Democratic Presidential hopefuls, trying to “connect” with their “supporters” (Come on, let’s be honest here people.) 8. Steve Gutenberg’s less talented brother, Jim Gutenberg 9. Quagmire from The Family Guy 10. The writer of the soon-to-be-released Crossover starring Wayne Brady. (I actually like Wayne Brady, but let’s be honest. Without Chapelle Show, he doesn’t get that role.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home