Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Officially a Caly-fornian

First of all, before we start, let me catch my breath here. Did you just catch that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger speech pattern reference I made in the title? Whoah! Was that comedy or what? Hey-yo! he he he, you…got any gum? That’s right folks, I made the painful trip to the California DMV this morning at about 11:30 AM to officially punch a hole in my Illinois license and turn Californian. They didn’t bleach my hair blonde and give me a surf board and a cool pair of board shorts with my new license but it was still pretty cool. Well…about as cool as a trip to the DMV on 4 hours of sleep can be. I was somewhat miserable, but I went to the DMV in Glendale which allows you to make appointments so instead of being there like 4 hours, it was only 1, allowing me to go back to sleep after. I can’t wait to see my picture though. I probably look hungover. What happend? Why did I only get 4 hours of sleep? Well, I worked until 2:30 AM, was halfway home when I thought I left a post-it note at work with some good ideas I thunk up, went all the way back to work, nope, the note was stuck in my closed laptop, sweet. Finally got home at 3:00 AM, couldn’t sleep, turned on the TV at 3:45 AM, USA Basketball was on live from Japan. Shit. Anybody that knows me, knows that’s trouble. I watched 3 quarters and decided that their 40 point lead against Senegal was probably safe. I don’t know if I fell asleep after that, but all I know is that when all was said and done, I looked at the clock and it was 5:59 AM and I feel asleep sometime after that. I love being an insomniac. It’s so awesome. It sucks. So anyway, somehow I made it to the DMV and through my day after all that and now, in a few weeks, I’ll have a new California license in the mail. As much as I dreaded getting one and as much as I complain about my “struggles” out here, it actually felt really good. Strange, I feel a little bit different. I’m just hoping I don’t feel different for my birthday in a few weeks. I hate birthdays now man. All I know is that if something is gonna happen with this Hollywood s**t, it needs to happen now. I just quoted 8 Mile, kind of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home