Friday, April 20, 2007

The tragedy has got to stop

Does anybody, as totally disconnected from this incident as myself, feel as sick as I do right now? This whole incident has really gotten to me. I mean, besides the obvious reasons... I think being a "writer," or an aspiring writer, or just aspiring to have a career in creativity in general has something to do with it.I just read this sick individual's "plays." on CNN.com. Wish I wouldn't have...but I just had to make sure that I could rest assure that my "work" wasn't comparable. Sounds stupid...but I really started stressing for a second. After all, I did just release a book called The Verge of Psychosis. (And not trying to tie this into some book promotion at all...hence, no link there.) I'm just saying, events like this really make you re-evaluate your life, and for me it was even weirder (although I know, no where near as horrific as for the people actually involved), having just written a book about an actor in Hollywood who goes crazy and almost flips out. As ridiculous as it sounds, I just had to reaffirm that I hadn't written something as horrible as the acts that took place. Obviously, I had nothing to worry about...but the point is, events like this make you think (duh)...or at least they should. If not, you are simply in denial.My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, victim's families and injured in this senseless tragedy. I don't even pretend to know what they are feeling right now, and typing that may even seem insignificant, but I do know that it's important. They need all the thoughts and prayers they can get right now. The world needs more love, so this bullshit doesn't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home