Friday, March 09, 2007

Have a day

I'll admit, I was a little bit embarrassed, but I apologized and headed for the door. As I was walking out the door, she said, "Wait a minute." I figured she was going to apologize and invite me back into her office for an inspirational speech about my talent, and how I have all the tools I need to make it in this town, but just need to have faith. Kind of like a Rudy moment. Instead, she said, "So you have paid, in full, for your headshots and commercial classes?" I nodded. She responded, "Oh, okay. Good. Have a day." I said, "Wait a minute. Didn't you forget the 'nice'?" She said, "Oh, no. I don't believe in saying 'nice day' because let's be honest: What is a 'nice' day anyway? We are only promised to have a 'day,' and even that is not promised. Besides, it is an offensive slur for people who are having a bad day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home