Friday, March 09, 2007

Learn Stuff

Let me get all uppity for a minute here. Let me act as if I'm ballin' right now and not being passed up by the world... Here is a fable from the homie Aesop that I learned at a young age and that a lot of people need to learn. Between a million people I've met in Hollywood, and some of these fresh-out-of-college wannabe Boiler Room telephone Salesmen I've spoken with lately, people need to learn this. Maybe my laid back demeanor holds me back in some cases, but I tend to end up where I belong and I think learning this fable right here at a young age helped. Seriously, people drive me crazy. I wish this was mandatory reading: "Between the North Wind and the Sun, they say, a contest of this sort arose, to wit, which of the two would strip the goatskin from a farmer plodding on his way. The North Wind first began to blow as he does when he blows from Thrace, thinking by sheer force to rob the wearer of his cloak. And yet no more on that account did he, the man, relax his hold; instead he shivered, drew the borders of his garment tight about him every way, and rested with his back against a spur of rock. Then the Sun peeped forth, welcome at first, bringing the man relief from the cold, raw wind. Next, changing, he turned the heat on more, and suddenly the farmer felt too hot and of his own accord threw off the cloak, and so was stripped. Thus was the North Wind beaten in the contest. And the story means [ ยต]: 'Cultivate gentleness, my son; you will get results oftener by persuasion than by the use of force.'"(11) Now Merry Christmas and I'll go back to writing the most ridiculous things I can think of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home