Friday, February 10, 2006

The 2006 Grammy's Were So Awesome!

I tell you what, I don't think I've ever watched something as entertaining as...wait..what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, the 48th Annual...wait...oh yeah...the 48th Annual Grammy's at Los Angeles' Staples Center. Yeah, they were so entertaining. Kanye West wore a red blouse and ski goggles. Madonna wore a purple outfit that made her look like an old aerobics instructor. That Sly Stone, or something guy came out of seclusion to make an appearance. I don't think I'm even old enough to know who that guy is. Yeah, it was really cool. Man, the best music of the year really shined on Wednesday night. Mariah Carey won 3 Grammy's. Kelly Clarkston won 3 as well, and U2 (who I liked 5-10 years ago) topped everybody by winning 5. How awesome! I think my point is that music sucks right now. If you look on my ipod right now, probably only 3% of it is from the last 2 years. Everything else is more classic stuff and older. I don't know why this is. Maybe because of MP3s and people "stealing" music? Maybe they are trying to produce stuff that is more popular with a general audience so they can sell more? Whatever it is, music nowadays comes off as generic and fake to me. I think my second point of this blog is, I'm slightly buzzed, not drunk, but slightly buzzed. It's pretty ironic actually, I'm the Drunk Blogger in Hollywood, but I rarely drink while righting these. Just kidding, I know the word is "writing." I bet YOU thought I was drunk. In closing, I'd like to say that the Grammy's were really awesome and they are probaly an important event that everybody should see. Teachers in elementary schools across the country should show the tape of the show to their students to set a good example. Yeah, entertainment is at an all time high, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? U2 is still sweet.

2/10/2006 07:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home