Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Give Me A Topic, Any Topic

Alright, since I have nothing to write about, I've been sick all week and I need to post something since the last posting was Sunday, I set up a studio audience in my apartment and asked people to yell out random words ala Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The British version that used to play on Comedy Central back in the day). Yeah... I really did this. I built stands with chairs and went through Central Casting to get people to fill the seats. It's amazing what you can do when you offer copy/credit/free meal for pay. After the "show," I gave everybody an old copy of one of the various magazines I have a subscription to, a token good at a local arcade and a frozen hot pocket. Technically, I fulfilled my promise. The show started off and I said, "Alright, give me a topic, any topic!" For about 5 minutes, there was dead silence. Apparently, extras are trained too well not to talk. Some of them even sat there, mouthing words as if they were talking, but nothing came out. It was pretty awkward. Finally, I said, "No, seriously, you can talk." At the same time, everybody let out a sigh of relief, looked at each other and said, "Ohhhhh...." After that somebody giggled and said, "rutabaga." I looked at them in disbelief for about 10 seconds, frowned and yelled, "I can't freakin blog about a rutabaga you idiot!" Then I kicked everybody out and told them to "go back to playing dead guys on Navy NCIS. It's a better career move!" Then I told them all to get the hell out of my sight. I can't work with amateurs. That's the last time I take outside suggestions for my blogs. I really can blog about anything though, that's why blogging insider's are calling me the next Mark Cuban... or was it the next Fidel Castro? I can't remember. Something like that. Anyway, I just really don't like rutabagas, that was my major problem with that topic. I don't know what a rutabaga is, but it just sounds like it sucks. Drunk Blogger has been in a cough syrup-induced haze for about 2 days now.

7 Comments:

Blogger ReBecca said...

Rutabega, huh? A vegetable, I think. Too bad she didn't say "cucumber." That one defenitely has some possibilities:)

3/23/2006 04:38:00 AM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

You are funny. Enjoyed your little movies too. Thanks for the smiles.

3/23/2006 06:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I hope you feel better Mr. Drunk Blogger. I'd suggest a gin and tonic, because the quinine in it used to be used to fight malaria in colonial Britain. However, I've noticed that quinine makes me feel crazy, so I just drink tonic water. Shit gets really crazy when I add gin though. My blog ideas are to edit more videos for the next few weeks and also purchase a digital voice recorder and then just record things that people say when they don't know they're being recorded. If that's illegal then this country really has gone to hell. I like your idea of getting random people to converse and then giving them magazines and game tokens, that's good stuff.

3/23/2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

You're good. I quit.

3/23/2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Thank you for the shout out Mr. Drunk Blogger. And even I felt a little bad for Morrison.

A. LITTLE.

(You're hilarious by the way.)

3/24/2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Yo drunk blogger - good to see some more SoCal in the neighborhood.

3/24/2006 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of bed and credit I put an adverty for a no fees film in stage [UK] and I recived over 600 CVs in about 2 weeks.

And tell Jason I've got some great mini disc recording of a guy unblocking my toilet!

Poetry Politics and Piracy
http://judaspenrose.blogspot.com

3/25/2006 04:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home