Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Don't Like The Term "Supper Club"

Have you ever heard a nightclub called a Supper Club? I have, and it annoys me. The first one I heard of was Shelter: A Supper Club. Luckily, they changed their name to Privelege so I don't have to read "Supper Club" on their building as I drive by to go to El Pollo Loco. I've noticed other Supper Club's popping up though. There was one I saw in Beverly Hills, although I won't mention their name since I don't want to promote there club to my thousands of (four) readers. I just hate the term. I don't know why. Is it just me? Seriously, say it out loud. It sounds stupid. I mean, ohhhh, we are a nightclub and we serve food so let's call it a Supper Club, that will sound really cool. Nobody even says the word "supper" anymore that I know of - at least not in California, so why even use the word? "Yeah, I totally went to the Supper Club last night bro. It was so sick. I had some supper, some kamikaze shots and I accidentally bumped into Mischa Barton and touched her boob! It was sick!" (I realize that Mischa Barton going to Shelter was referenced on the show Entourage, that's why I used her name.) I just don't get it. Maybe it's just me being weird. Somebody let me know if I'm the only one who thinks it sounds dumb. If I'm the only one, then I may have to quit blogging and give up on the human race as well. Supper Club....shit...I just said it out loud and punched myself in the face. Now I gotta go to the hospital....or should I say...Hospital: An Infirmary Club. After that, maybe to ease the pain I'll go get ice cream at Baskin Robbins: A Frozen Milk Club. Ahh...it's great to be blogging and have my own Blog: A Digital Words Club. The Drunk Blogger agrees that technically this blog is a "rant," even though he hates that term too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spotty said...

Yo, try saying "suppah" - much funnier. Am I one of the four? I feel so honored...where's my oscar? Heck a hot dude named oscar will do.

3/07/2006 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger BrianLaesch.com said...

Yeah, suppah probably would be funnier but "Supper" is what annoys me haha. You are one of the four who I can count on, thanks ;)

Uhh... my name used to be Oscar....psych.

3/07/2006 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home