Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drunk Blogger Gives an Al Pacino-esque Speech at Subway (Kind of)

I've discovered that you have weird dreams, based in reality, when you are forced to sleep on an air matress in your living room because of the fumes lingering around your room (and apartment) due to a Mexican (sorry that was insensitive)...a Salividorian who is re-grouting your shower for the second day of three because of a leak in the downstairs apartment. (It's also no fun getting bad sleep the week before you go to Vegas. Great timing right?) Yeah, the bad sleep caused some weird, yet slightly believable dreams. Not that I don't usually have weird dreams, but I think I remembered these because I wasn't in as deep of a sleep and maybe the fumes helped too, who knows.Anyway, the dream started off with me watching ESPN highlight's of my Chicago Bulls against the Miami Heat. Pretty normal right? Scott Van Pelt said, "Are people questioning Shaq's sleep habits? Then he said, the Bulls won and everybody that Scott Skiles played for the Bulls scored, except Tyson Chandler." Then they show a highlight of Tyson Chandler hitting a jump shot? Huh? Still, pretty normal and believable right? Yeah, that part probably only entertained me. Then, I go to my favorite Subway restaurant at the corner of Sunset Blvd. & Crescent Heights (which is something I normall do, at least once a week anyway.) I order a Turkey Breast Sub. I go through the process. I see one of my camp counselors there from a camp I went to in 4th grade up in Michigan. Alright, that was weird. But whatever, maybe they are pursuing acting now. So I order the Turkey Club, go through the line. I don't get the meal that is included, or anything else, and the guy stands there with a straight face and says "$38.64." What? $38.64? For a sub at Subway? I kept asking him why it was so much and he just kept looking over his shoulder for 2 seconds and then back at me and saying nothing as if he couldn't speak English all of the sudden. I stood my ground. I was NOT going anywhere until this was resolved. I held up the line. Finally, other people in line and at tables around the Subway joined in. "Yeah, why is is $38.64 man?" "Yeah, why is his sandwhich so much?" The Sandwhich Artist stood there cold, saying nothing. Eventually, I gave a speech reminscient to Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon or Scarface when he is drunk and get's kicked out of the restaurant. "How could it possibly be $38.64 when I have never paid more than $7.00 for a single foot-long sub at Subway? This is ridiculous..." I can't remember the rest, but I'm sure it was riveting. After about 5 minutes of this ridiculous argument, I was all of the sudden on the floor of the Subway, laying down on an air mattress. I didn't get it at first, but I rationalized with myself that I had decided to sleep there until they lowered the price, possibly for weeks or even months. As long as it took. Then I woke up, and I actually was on an air mattress, getting horrible sleep and inhaling fumes from my shower being re-grouted. It was all a dream! Or was it..... UPDATE: I went to Subway shortly after writing this and the exact same thing happened! Just kidding. I wrote this update at the same time as the rest of the blog. Also, I just bought Windermere Real Estate ...whatever that is. Drunk Blogger was set to replace Dan Rather as head anchor at CBS, but then they read this blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

Thanks for the interesting view into your dreams. I love to talk about dreams.

Hmmm. Wonder what it means?

4/13/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home